Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools!!

So I love April Fool's Day! For the past few years I have become quite the prankster, but I have to be careful because what goes around, comes around. Last year, I called Dallin up at work and told him I was pregnant, which was news that he was shocked about, and kind of panicking with because at the time we were living with his parents, and I didn't have set hours at work. In other words, we were completely not ready for a baby. So, I let him panic for about 30 mins, then I texted him April Fools! hehe It was kind of mean, I feel bad about it now....

So for this year, i had to go about it from a totally different aspect because I knew he wouldn't believe a word I said that day. So I had to plan out an action that would completely surprise him. So I master mined a few great ideas, but I finally picked the perfect one... Here it goes.

So every day my sweet husband sits down with a mountain dew in one hand and his sunflower seeds in the other and watches some baseball and basketball games on tv. So I thought, I should definitely do something to this daily ritual of his. So when I got home from work I poured out some of his sunflower seeds and replaced them with some pinto beans (which are about the same size as a seed and close enough to the spotted coloring.) The prank being when he grabbed a handful of seeds and tossed them in his mouth, bam! April Fools! Now I had to wait, and wait, and wait. Because when Dal got home after his clinicals he wanted to take me to the movies. We went and saw Hop, which was so funny and a great movie, by the way. But it resulted in him not doing his ritual that night.

But! While we watched conference today he got out his mountain dew and his seeds. Yes, my plan will prevail! (although it was the day after) Dal threw a handful of seeds in his mouth and pow he realized there were beans in his seeds. I wasn't really paying attention to him, because conference was on, but I noticed that he started picking out all of the beans and he didn't say anything to me!

Hum.... what was going through his head?
Well, I asked him what was wrong and Dal honestly thought that the seed company had screwed up and put beans in his sunflower seeds! I played a long for a while, "Oh ya, we should call the company and make them replace your bag" etc. I was about to burst with laughter, I couldn't handle it anymore, so I caved, "April Fools!!" He couldn't believe it! I got him so good, I achieved the element of surprise. Once again, I did it. He was completely shocked so I know he is gonna get me back someday for all of this....but I just can't resist.
 April Fools!!

5 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I love it! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was perfect. It couldn't have gone any better. HE HE!! I know we need to get together. I am sorry I haven't called to do anything yet. Are you doing the 5k on the 16th? I will be walking it with Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sneaky you are!!! You better watch out next year. He probably won't forget this one. You guys have a lot of fun - good for you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know, he gave me a good warning that Im gonna get it next year! Yikes! but yes Becca im doing the 5k, so i will see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is HILARIOUS!!! Man I miss having you around. Hope you are doing fantastically well.

    ReplyDelete