Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hooray for 2012!

So as most of you know, 2011 was pretty rough for Dallin and I. On New Year's Eve Dal kissed me at midnight and whispered in my ear, "2012 will be much better for us babe." I was a little hesitant based on reviewing the past year, but I told him I will rely on your faith and optimism, so yes, 2012 will be better for us. And of course my sweet hubby was right, 2012 has been turning out to be a really great year for us so far, and we are determined to keep it a very positive year... yikes, almost 1 month down and 11 more to go, we can do it!

At the end of last year Dallin got a full time LPN job in Price, Utah. Pretty exciting right, well except for the location. Dal took the job and has been working there ever since. Price is 2 hours away and his shift is from 6am to 6pm, do the math, that puts him waking up at 3:50am and driving 2 hours then working a 12-14 hour shift, driving the 2 hours back home, walking in the door to give me a quick good-night kiss and going right to bed to sleep and then wake right up the next morning to do this all over again. He does this about 3-4 times a week. Pretty tiring right? Poor guy, it was really hard for him, and for me, I never saw him awake. So we decided that he would stay in a hotel in Price instead of making the drive everyday so he wouldn't be so tired.
Problem solved. NOT!
So now I really never see him, oh and did I mention that the days he isn't working in Price he is working at the hospital in Mt. Pleasant. I am not a needy wife or anything like that, I just love my hubby and love seeing him and now I never get to see him. It makes for some really lonely nights, but on the other hand, I am getting a lot of things done. hum... Well moral of the story, this is not working out for us for him to be gone all of the time and for him to be driving so much is really dangerous.
We then had an AHA moment and realized, why don't we apply for nursing jobs throughout the state. So he applied to a few jobs in St. George and the Salt Lake areas. A few days later we got a call for an interview at a job in St. George. On the 3 hour drive to St. George we were so excited, saying things like, "this is awesome!", "we are going to move to a warmer climate and move to a place we both have always wanted to live!" and so on. Well Dal was in the interview for a really long time and finally came out with a huge smile on his face. He got the Job! HOORAY! He will be an LPN at the St. George Care and Rehab Center, Full-time. We are moving to St. George. It then clicked, oh my gosh, we have lived in sanpete county for almost all our lives, minus Dal's mission in Philly, of course. All of these frightened thoughts ran through my head, holy crap we are moving, I have to find a new job, we have to find a new place to live, I have to start packing. And then the tears started to flow. Ha in a matter of a couple of hours I went from overly extatic to utterly freaked out and then repeat those emotions a few times back and forth! All I know is that Dal couldn't stop laughing at my crazy emotional rollercoaster. And then I couldn't help but laugh as well because it was quite comical!
Well we decided to go to the temple a few days later to help with the decision of whether to move or not. We walked in the doors and POW! We were smacked with calmness and assurity that this was the right move for us. What a wonderful feeling that was! Needless to say I couldn't help but start to pack right away even though our moving day isn't until February 18th. What? I can't help it I'm so excited!
We went down last Saturday, January 21st and looked at 10 different apts/condos/townhomes. We loved the very first one we went to and went back after looking at all of the others and knew it was the one for us. So right then and there we signed the contract and wala! we have the cutest 3 bedroom, two-story townhome ever! Now that we have a place, on with the packing. :)
Dal will begin his new job this week, so until February 18th he will be driving down to St. George every week and will stay with his cousins that live there for a few days and then driving back to stay with me and help me pack for a few days. (Thank You TeriLynn and JB for letting Dal stay with you until we move down there!) So the next few weeks will be a little rough, but will be much worth it after the 18th when we will be living in our townhouse together!
We cannot wait for our St. George adventure to begin!
Look out sun, here we come!! :)

9 comments:

  1. HOORAY! That is wonderful news! I am so sad that we moved away from cedar city! It would have been fun to be so close (compared to the three and four hour distances we have been) I'm so happy that after such a bad year you have started this one off with a BANG! I hope the momentum lasts a long time! You guys really do deserve it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you two! St. George is where we hope to end up. Who can beat the weather? Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! Connie and Matt, i hope you do come to st. George, that would be so great! St. George is where we hope to end up too, so starting here will let us know whether we want to settle there after school and such or not..
      Della, I am so sad you moved as well, that would have been great fun to live so close!
      and yes this year will be great, thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats to you!!!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kati Jo! Congrats to you and all your success with hair school!! good luck with your boards!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your new job and your move! You will be closer to mom and dad too, won't you? I am happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gramma! And yes we will be only an hour and a half away instead of 3 hours so it will be better. and we will be much closer to you and grampa! Thank you :)

      Delete
    2. I'm so excited for you guys!!!! Moving can be a pain, but it is fun and good to get a fresh start and change of scenery. And you are smart to be packing already, it always takes me longer than I think it's going to! Hooray for new adventures, and a good year for you and Dallin!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Kelly! Yes we are very ready for a change of scenery, it is much needed, especially with last nights snow storm. It will be so nice to live in a slightly warmer climate, it's nothing like Dominica. But its a start! We are very excited. Ya its amazing how long it takes to pack and it also makes you realize things that you have that you tucked away and forgot about.

      Delete