Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

St. George

Well, we are alive and well and loving St. George! Dal is working hard and enjoying his job at the Care and Rehab Center.

An exciting update:

I enjoyed 2 weeks off of work getting the house somewhat situated and luckily I had 2 job interviews last week and got offered both of them, so I got to choose which job I wanted. Pretty exciting and lucky! So on Monday I started my new job. I am the receptionist at StoneRidge Chiropractic, its a full time job, I will work from 9-5 Mon-Thurs and 9-12 on Fridays. I have only been working there for 2 days, but I am really enjoying my job so far. I work for 3 chiropractors and so it is the 4 of us working there. We feel really blessed that I was able to find a great job so soon.

A few things we love about St. George and our new townhouse:

We completely LOVE that our townhouse has a hot tub and pool at the club house and we have been using the hot tub about 3-4 nights a week, what a wonderful relaxing way to end our days just before going to bed!

I love that our club house has a fitness center, so now I have to force myself to use it. I haven't been able to exercise for about 5 months now because of my surgery, so lets just say its been awhile. Even though I am still struggling with my headaches I need to exercise so that the rest of me can feel good. So since we have moved here I have been using the fitness center and its been great. I ran 2 miles last Friday! It's nice because the elliptical and the treadmill both face a t.v., so I just put on the Today show and get my work out on, goodbye chubby surgery body, hello (several months and workouts from now) summer swimsuit ready body!!

We love that there are so many options of food places to eat at for date night with Gluten-Free menus! Also, that there are several grocery stores here that sale Gluten-Free food!! HOORAY!

We love our townhouse! As soon as I finish decorating, or find the time to decorate, I will post pictures of our place.

Also, not to mention, we Love the weather here, yesterday was 77* Yay for warm weather!

We feel really blessed and are loving living here. We have a really good ward and a really good neighborhood. Now we just need to make some friends... hum, that would require us to go out and meet our neighbors which neither of us really like to do besides the casual "Hi's" as you pass them.
I really miss my friends in Ephraim!! We are hoping to come back to Ephraim and visit soon.

As for now, we are still settling into our home, enjoying our jobs, getting used to our new schedules/situations, and prepping for March Madness! Dal is counting down the days. Post more soon, with pictures, man I'm so behind.


6 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that all is well in St. George. How could it not be though? That place is heaven on earth! :) Yay for gluten free restaurants! Every time someone brings up a gluten free diet I always think of you and usually have to share just how extreme your case is- you amaze me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is heaven on earth :) thx Kami, you're sweet! glad u remember me- and my gluten-free! miss ya!

      Delete
  2. So glad that you love St. George and your new place. We are very happy for you and congrats for both of you and your new jobs!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you guys love it, it sounds perfect for you!!! And isn't it great to have so many gluten free things available?! It's like a whole new world opens up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it totally is wonderful having GF options so close to us! and glad that u guys have that as well! i even have GF choices to make, i.e. there are different kinds of brands here, whereas before i had to stick with one brand, i didnt have a choice. Hooray for choices!

      Delete