Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Christmas in March?!

haha ok so everyone can just ignore how late this post is... but i forgot, repeat, forgot to post about December and January, somehow i missed those months... weird! So as I was going through all of my pics today and realizing that I really want them on my blog no matter how late they are posted... I just decided that it's better late than never! Someday I'll get the hang of this blogging thing, right?!

December this year was all about the crafts and decorations! Can you blame me? All I could do after my Chiari surgery, (November 29th) was lay around for a month, so what better way to spend my time than to craft. I made a tree skirt and ornaments, a wreath, and a frame. I already posted pics about the wreath and frame, but I'll share them briefly again to remind you. 



I found this tutorial on Pinterest for making a ruffled tree skirt, I really liked it except it was all in one color, cream, and I felt that it was missing the Christmas spirit so I found 2 very cutely patterned materials in the Christmas colors, red and green that I thought I would pattern with the cream to make it more festive! Making the tree skirt was a lot of fun and quite therapeutic actually. My mom came and helped me cut all of the strips for the skirt, and as you can see, the entire skirt was strips of material, so thanks mom for the BIG help! Then whenever I could conjure up some energy (remember this was made 1-2 weeks after my big surgery), I hot glued and ruffled all of the strips in place.


 It was quite the project, if I wasn't recovering from a surgery it would have probably only taken me 2 Sunday afternoons to complete, but I could only hack at it a little at a time each day, so after about 1 1/2 weeks of gluing and ruffling it was complete. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the final product! It also has a lot of sentimental value now because of the whole surgery thing. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's absolutely adorable! And I'll totally make another one if someone wants?!
 Isn't it beautiful under my tree! My tree was my pride and joy this year, Dal picked out the perfect tree when we went tree hunting and I love how the decorations turned out, all the way from Dal's mountain dew star on top to my tree skirt on bottom!
Some pictures of the lights we put up on our apartment.



Christmas and Christmas Eve we spent in Milford with my family.
On Christmas Eve we opened our family drawing gifts.

 Nice Dad, nice! haha
 Dal drew my moms name, we made her a jewelry holder.
 I drew Jake's name, I gave him an electric sander.

 Becca drew Dal's name, she gave him nursing scrubs and Harry Potter 7.
 My mom drew my name and she gave me these cute brown boots that I am modeling!


 Dal modeling his new scrubs.

 Christmas Morning:


 Poor Dal, basically all he got for Christmas was like 6 pairs of Nursing scrubs. But he was happy with that.


 Going to church. I really like this picture of us, 
except for the fact that I still look really sick, like I just had surgery, haha.

Merry Christmas 2011

This year we spent December 23rd-25th with my family in Milford and then spent the 26th with Dallin's family in Gunnison. It was all around a wonderful Christmas break spent with family and lots of fun times!

3 comments:

  1. Jesse got mostly scrubs too...I like Christmas any time of year! It looks like you had a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yes I want one of those tree skirts!!! It turned out so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly!! well you let me know what materials/colors you want and Ill make you one for this year if you want!

      Delete