Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Being a Lady

So I really enjoy my job working as a receptionist at a chiropractic office. It makes for some really good laughs some days. However, there are some bad days and down falls to working at any medical office. Such as, patients complaining a little too much, and patients getting upset about copays, deductibles, etc. It's funny how patients take it out on me like I am the bad guy because I have to collect their money, but I always am extremely nice to them and it calms them down, and I always feel bad about high deductibles, etc. I wish I could give an informative class on insurance to people, I just feel bad because most people do not understand their insurance policies, which can sometimes result in them purchasing not the best plans, etc. Strangely enough, I actually really enjoy telling people about insurance and calling on benefits for the patients and then explaining it to them in a simplified way.

Anyways, enough of insurance ramble! I love observing people, so I enjoy being a receptionist because it lets me observe people! We people are quite a peculiar race. We do some funny, strange things and say some funny things. There are so many wonderful people that I have been able to meet with my job and there is one lady in particular that always gives me a good giggle and keeps me smiling!

She is an elderly woman, in her late 80's and she is, not quite sure how to word this, but she is losing her marbles as said in the movie Hook. She comes every week for an adjustment and every time she comes she tells me that I don't dress correctly, and that I do not dress like a lady. I always smile and kindly ask her how a lady should dress and how I can be more of a lady.

For all of you wondering, this is how a lady should dress....

Queen Elizabeth

This sweet elderly woman tells me that girls these days do not know how to dress like ladies, which I mostly agree! However, I also feel that if I showed up to work or went to dinner with Dal in a outfit like this, I don't think it would be accepted, unless if I were the Queen.

So a thank you to Queen Elizabeth for dressing and acting like a lady!
Does anyone know where I can buy outfits like this?? haha

I would love to spend a day in this sweet patients' shoes to be able to see her perspective on life, I am sure it would make for a wonderful day!

Good news though, I wore a pencil skirt with a blouse when she came in for her appt. this past week, and guess what?! It worked, she complimented me and told me that I was starting to look like a lady more and more every week!! haha I couldn't wait to come home and tell Dal the good news!

(To clarify, I dress very professionally at work every week, and dress just as a normal "business woman/receptionist" would dress with skirts, dress pants, blouses, heels, etc. Don't want to make anyone think I am dressing sloppy to work or anything to make her say these things to me, haha.)

P.S.  I got a raise last week at work!!! :) So even though I do not dress like "a lady," I am doing a good job at my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment