Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Our move to St. George!

So of course I am behind and forgot to post about our move, it was quite the experience and I want to remember it, so I am posting about it. As soon as Dallin got hired in St. George I was so excited I couldn't contain myself, so I started packing, even before we found a place to move into. We came down one Saturday and looked at like 10 apartments/town houses, some were great, some were over priced, and some had mold! Yes, that's correct, MOLD! Who shows you an apt with mold all over it?! I couldn't believe my eyes or my nose, it was disgusting. Anyways, we went to lunch at Durango's (our favorite Mexican food place in St. George) and we talked over the apartments we just saw and after much debate over the places we just looked at, (ok, so there was no debate at all, we knew we were won over by the first place we looked at) so we called up the landlord, finished our meal, signed the contract and paid our deposit.  All the apartment searching was finished, we found the perfect place! Hooray!

I was so excited for the move and couldn't help myself. Me, being me, (a little too over-prepared/over-excited sometimes) I already had over half of our apartment in Ephraim packed up within one week of renting our place in St. George! So every time Dallin drove down for work in St. George that month, I filled the car up with our boxes and stuff and he loaded it into our new place. Which left me back in Ephraim, with 2 weeks til the move, by myself, with one plate, one cup, one pot, one utensil, the microwave, the tv, the bed, and a couch. It was quite hard living on nothing, but I was so excited that I packed everything up so quick, I kinda forgot I still had to live in Ephraim for a few more weeks! We hauled most of our furniture down the Saturday before the final move and then we loaded a trailer full of the rest on moving day. We are quite grateful we got to do our move like this though, because it made moving day less stressful, well, not as much as I would have liked. (I'll fill you in about that shortly...)
Some pictures of moving/ boxes.



Moving day was the worst day ever! Ill explain soon...

2 comments:

  1. After our first couple of moves, I vowed to ALWAYS be prepared...Now I start packing and cleaning months before I know we'll be moving. A little bit all the time. I can't imagine packing, loading, cleaning, driving, etc all in one weekend like other people do. I think it's great that you were so excited. I hope it made things easier in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya it was so nice to not have very much to do on moving day! Ya I can't imagine doing it all in one wkd as well, crazy!

      Delete